Before our very first hockey season in Sweden, four seasons ago in 2011 my family bought a cabin in northern Minnesota. Sam and I do not go up there nearly as often as the rest of my family, but every time we do we fall a little more in love with the place.
Here are some of my favorite things about our 'Kroll Cabin'
2. The freedom and joy Raylan has 24 hours a day there going in & out of the water every few minutes.
3. How cute my mother has decorated the cabin like a 'cabin' not like a house so there is no confusion as to where you are -- and that you should be relaxing and letting lives worries stay far away.
4. I love that people are constantly going out boating and there are constant invites to go out on the lake. (Sailing, Fishing, Swimming, Pontooning, paddle-boating, leisurely boat rides with excess 'hydration')
5. Freshly caught fish for dinner.
6. Our cabin neighbors are the nicest people, some of the kindest most caring people I know. Once when I was there they gave us a GALLON of fresh raspberries!
7. There is a guest/bunk house that is separate from the cabin and you can always go there if you need some space.
8. There has never been a unspectaclular sunset there, they are all absolutely incredible.
9. My parents are happy.. giddy every minute there.
10. The breeze off the lake.
11. The instant warmth of a wood burring fire, indoors and outdoors!
There are many more wonderful things about our cabin. Sometimes I really miss it!
Here is a little compilation of some of our great memories we have made at the Cabin. Boton really loved the cabin, I think it was his favorite place. He got to spend the last couple days of his life up there.
xoxo Cacilie (Kroll) Lofquist