Not yet have I had the chance to reflect on all of the blessing last year brought me. It was a fast, busy, memorable and life changing year! Honestly I cannot believe we are already almost half way through February, 2014!!
I know I will most likely forget a few wonderful moments on here, but I will do my best to remember!
1. Sam and I got a puppy, a beautiful sweet little girl named Raylan. She is a Giant Schnauzer and has changed every minute of our lives since we welcomed her in! She is now 53 pounds and 100% perfect for us!
2. We moved from Oskarshamn to Stockholm for Sam's hockey. Stockholm is roughly 100x bigger than Oskarshamn, so there is so much more to do this year! I do find myself missing the open space and fresh air of a smaller town, but I love the multitude of frozen yogurt bars, shopping, Starbucks, and dog parks.
3. I started this blog! It is a time consumer, thought sharer, and connection keeper. I love all that it brings to my life and the lives of everyone who reads it.
4. I planned my absolute dream wedding all summer! The big day is this summer, June 14th at Villa Bellezza. I do have to give my mom a special shout out here. Without all of her help, organizing, and knowledge I would not be so sure that the day will everything I had dreamed of.
5. Last year brought many travels. Days after my arrival home from Oskarshamn I went out east with my family to New York City, and Washington, D.C. A few weeks later we went with Sam's parents down to Naples, FL to visit Sam's grandparents and to soak up the sun! My little sister and I went on a little road-trip to Milwaukee for a week this summer to visit my brother and his girlfriend. Then the big trip over to Sweden. When my mom and grandma were in town we went up north in Sweden to Ormsjo. Then in November I met up with my dad and brother in Riga, Latvia, we spent a week traveling thought Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. Fast forward a few weeks and we were in Berlin for five days, followed by Christmas in Prague. Phew... makes me tired thinking about all that travel!
6. A new found love of calamari, and scallops.
7. Finally figuring out the solution to many of my problems was completely cutting gluten out of my life! It is not fun to not be able to eat many things that I used to love. However, the benefits far outweigh the momentary disappointment of not being able to eat the fresh warm basket of bread when starving and waiting for my meal at a restaurant, or not getting to have cookie dough in my ice cream.
8. Another fabulous year of living abroad under our belts! Honestly, I am so grateful for this experience every day. With that, we made so many new friends in 2013, some of them we relatives we didn't even know we had! One of the best parts of living abroad is when we have family and friends come to visit! Definite highlight of 2013 was starting the year off with my whole family, and Karl's girlfriend being in Sweden. Then in Stockholm we had many visitors in 2013, my mother, grandmother, sister, and Sam's parents. It was so much fun being tourist in Stockholm with all of them.
9. I reconnected with one of my very best friends. We had fallen apart for about three years when we decided we missed each other too much and decided to meet up for dinner. It was as if no time had passed and she is such a positive influence in my life.
10. My brother moved back to the U.S. which means that I will for sure see him every summer when we are home from the hockey season! Such a relief, I love him way to much for go more than eight months without at least one hug from him.
I created this list in no particular order, except the #1. Raylan coming into our lives was by far the best part of 2013. I know I am most likely forgetting some pretty important things that happened last year, but I am human and I forget things. Please remind me if you think of something and I will add it to the list!
I have a feeling I know what will be the best part of 2014! Any guesses?
With lots of love for the past, present, and future,